PC Help - Links to free cleaning utillities
When I get a clients pc I usually do these six things to start the software fix:
Clients complain of the virus or slow computer performance. They say their computer crashes, or will not boot up. I get many jobs for my computer repair business due to this. The best thing to do would be a Windows reinstall, but that is the plan B. Usually it is only necessary to clean the PC to get it running smoothly. If the computer will at least boot into safemode, these items can be applied to get the machine up and running. These are the tools I normally use, to get the system running good enough to continue the PC software repair process.
Step 1: Uninstall all unnecessary programs
Use Revo Uninstaller. It gets rid of unnecessary stuff left over from removed programs, along with uninstalling normally.
Step 2: Make sure there is nothing unnecessary starting up with your account login or windows startup
This, by far, is the greatest cause of slow PC’s, in my opinion. Totally unnecessary items such as Adobe Acrobat have startup programs which do nothing useful.
Watch how many processes are running in the back ground as the unnecessary ones will degrade performance – Right click the system tray, click the task manager, press the processes tab,do a search in Google to see what they do. to disable them type in run box type msconfig click on startup tab, and uncheck said ones to disable on next boot.
A more advanced software for doing just this is Autoruns from Sysinternals download
Step 3: Delete all unnecessary files
An extremely handy software that will help you with this is CCleaner – an accredited software endorsed by many reputable sources. download
try this tool to find what is on your hard drive – Windirstat
Step 4: Do a scan with Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware scanner download
Turn off restore points and reboot. Then boot the pc in safe mode and run rkill. Then install and update malwarebytes when in safemode (very important to update it), and run a full scan. After finishing the scan delete the files it found, reboot into safemode, and run another full scan. Do this until you find no more files. If you keep finding files then try deleting them manually or googling how to remove that specific trojan.
rkill.exe – Download from BleepingComputer.com – 257kb
Scan with your virus scanner, see above:
Step 5: Update your drivers with Device Doctor download
Step 6: Update Windows security patches
turn on your windows firewall, turn off automatic windows updates
Additional Advanced steps to speed up the PC
Add More Memory Crucial
Run a Hard Disk File Defragger or the one that comes with Windows
Nine times out of ten this gets the pc working great again.
Here are 10 things you can do to increase the performance on your puter...
1) Watch how many processes are running in the back ground as the unnecessary ones will degrade performance - Right click the system tray, click the task manager, press the processes tab,do a search in Google to see what they do. to disable them type in run box type msconfig click on startup tab, and uncheck said ones to disable on next boot.
2) Run Malwarebytes weekly be sure to update the definitions each time before scanning as new spyware comes out daily, this will eliminate these pesky spam and malware programs that run on your computer also degrading performance.
3) Turn off all visual effects including visual styles as these rob your system of resources.
4) Run a defrag proggie to organize the data on your hard-drive.
5) Uninstall any proggies you don't use. Don't run a wallpaper or desktop background as this takes up memory.
6) When you do install a new proggy, do a custom install and only put the basic items on your puter as many CD,s come with fluff that is not needed.
7) Run an Anti virus program
8) Run a firewall to protect your pc from attacks
9) Update your computer at windows update to improve performance but be careful as sometimes Microsoft gets it wrong and updates cause a degradation of performance in certain instances.
10) Do a search at Google , click group tab with specific keywords regarding your puter issues too see what other people are saying about this specific performance problem, as your issues are not unique, and other people have the same thing going on with their puter. It's amazing how you will find the answer in Google groups, as these people all have too much time on their hands to post their solutions to computer issues they have solved.
Try this tweaking link.
Help for a fee
Spyware Prevention Help - Spyware is
currently a major computer issue that can invade your privacy. We
provide Spyware Prevention Help for Cleaning those unwanted
Software - Learn how to use the Oscar winning Maya 3D
other animation packages with Escape Studios.
Computer Repair Chicago - Computer Repair Chicago will help you quickly and conveniently resolve all your computer problems. You will not have to waste your time, while your computer takes up space on your desk.
Orlando Computer Repair, Orlando Computer Service, Orlando Computer Networking, Advanced Technology Services of Central Florida
IT Companies New York - A pioneer in comprehensive IT outsourcing, iCorps Technologies is a full-service IT department providing IT outsourcing, consulting and management services for businesses in and around Boston and New York City.
e-Procurement Services e-Procurement Software & Services for the Foodservice Industry - Epsys
logo design - Looking for a logo design that will give your new business the edge, but won't break the bank? Pixellogo is the answer!